Monday, April 9, 2012

Tumors are up by one but there's still time left on the clock...

Hi Friends!
  I had a CT scan on Tuesday to determine the size and growth pattern of the (2) tumors in my liver.  Well, it turns out there are 4, maybe 5 tumors and the oncologist says they are growing at a "brisk" pace.  That's the bad news.  Now for the good news...hmmm...don't rush me, I'm thinking...oh yeah, the good news is it's only in my liver, nowhere else that they can detect.  Also, I've been given a spot in a clinical trial for a new drug at the Huntsman Cancer Center.  I start that on the 24th, so hopefully we can stop those nasty lesions in their tracks!
  In the meantime, I'm having some great days with family, friends, and the BYU football team!  I'm grateful that spring has arrived.  It rejuvenates my soul to hear the birds singing and see the flowers and trees blooming.  Life is wonderful!

6 comments:

  1. Love you so much, Yeh for the new trial drug. Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring...new life... new hope....life is wonderful. Love you Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, Not the news I had hoped for, but better than some. Love you. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Sue! Not excited for your news, bummer. But it's all good, you know? Life is good, and the gospel is true. Keep your chin up, and we'll do this together.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue ~ you continue to amaza and inspire with your positive attitude!! While I was praying for better news, I am so excited at the possibilities opened up by being in the clinical trial!! Please, please let me know if there is anything I can do for you or Reid! Love you, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You say life is wonderful. Not to sound corny but my life is made more wonderful because you are my friend. Susan

    ReplyDelete