Sunday, September 11, 2011

RISE AND SHOUT, the tumor comes OUT!!!

I'm doing the happy dance!!!  We met with the surgeon on Friday and he had nothing but good news for us!  He started out by saying that I have had a dramatic response to the chemo.  He kept using words like incredible and amazing.  When I had my first scan before the chemo, the tumor was "red hot".  Now he says they can't really tell it's there...what a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!  He said some people have no significant response to this chemo, but my response has been amazing.  No other hot spots anywhere in my body.  He was very happy and excited.  How often do doctors get to give pancreatic cancer patients news like this?  My guess is very rarely.  It has been a feeling of "Shock and Awe" for me.  I always knew that Heavenly Father could make this tumor shrink, but I wasn't sure if that was what his will was for me.  I am overwhelmed with gratitude.  I now have to ask the question: "Why Me"?  Most people ask that when they get cancer, but for me, this question is so important to ask now.  I have thought of all the good people out there with terrible illnesses who are praying for good news and don't get it.  My heart breaks for them.  With this total gift from God, I feel an enormous responsibility to spend every second the way He needs me to.  I am praying to be guided so that I don't waste one single bit of this miracle.  I still have some hard things ahead of me.  The surgery is pretty brutal with a long recovery time, but one thing I've learned this summer is that I can do hard things when the Lord is by my side (and countless loving family and friends). I may have to do 3 more months of chemo after I recover from the surgery, but I can do that too (even though that's the LAST thing I want to do).  If 6 more rounds of chemo buys me more years, so be it. 




7 comments:

  1. This news is unbelievable!!!! Think shrink!!! Heavenly Father is so good, and I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so overwhelmed with the perspective you've shared, and the love I feel from our Heavenly Father for each one of his children. I BELIEVE in miracles, and I believe that we all have a special mission.

    We all have so much to be grateful for...

    Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears fill my eyes reading your post Sue. Grateful for a merciful Heavenly Father every day but especially today. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cannot explain the joy I feel!
    There are no words. God is merciful, loving, supportive and still works miracles in our lives daily.
    Love you and am SO grateful you are one of His miracles!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know this means you are speaking at the next stake conference now, right? LOL This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that, Dave! Good suggestion! :)

    I'm so happy for you, Sue. We are praying for the miracles to continue in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad! This is awesome!!! Thank you Lord for your love! :)

    ReplyDelete